Gilbarco Veeder-Root: Sub-Saharan Africa Vontier Business Systems (VBS) Leader
A position has become available for a Vontier Business Systems (VBS) Leader to join our dynamic team.
Purpose of the Position:
To promote, facilitate & support the successful implementation of Vontier Business System (VBS) tools and processes across Gilbarco Veeder-Root (GVR) MEA. This will be achieved by providing expert advice and guidance to the Managing Director and his executive team to achieve GVR MEA’s policy deployment and strategic plan objectives. It will also assist the leadership in the development of a VBS roadmap and support execution. The business will look to this role to support driving breakthrough growth initiatives and achieve operational excellence by leveraging VBS tools.
Duties & Responsibilities
Success in this role will entail transforming GVR MEA into a lean thinking, conscience organisation with an ability to continuously identify improvement opportunities through:
- Facilitating MEA policy development meetings with Executive Team.
- Assisting in achieving GVR MEA’s policy deployment and strategic plan objectives.
- Assisting leadership in the development of a VBS roadmap and support the execution
- Supporting the leadership team in understanding and applying the VBS culture, values and tools
- Leading and facilitating Kaizen events
- Developing employee expertise in the area of VBS tools i.e. SW, PSP, DM, 5S, Lean Conversion, TPI, Value Stream Mapping, VRK, and other VBS Lean Tools
- Driving organizational process efficiencies and improvement across all levels and all functions of the business
- Working with the department leaders to develop and maintain Kaizen funnels.
- Chairing monthly kaizen planning meetings and supporting facilitation of the strategic plan.
- Scheduling, facilitating and ensuring productive Kaizen events.
- Facilitating Shingijutsu and Presidential Kaizen events when appropriate.
- Driving Kaizen newspaper items toward completion & tracking sustainment.
- Driving ever-improving results by leveraging VBS tools, consulting skills, and change management process.
- Directly providing formal and informal VBS training and coaching.
- Facilitating VBS training sessions when appropriate (other trainers and consultants from Vontier, Shingijutsu, or other).
- Promoting and facilitating diagnosis of workflow impediments and other wastes throughout the business, and providing expert counsel on appropriate tools to eliminate them.
- Improving VBS training and facilitation skills by pursuing certification in VBS tools.
- Promoting and facilitating employee development in various VBS tools, lean production, and kaizen leadership.
- Supporting consistent execution of the VBS On-boarding/Immersion program, including the development of immersion/on-boarding plans for new hires – tailored to their specific function.
- Working closely with the Corporate VBS office
- Benchmarking and communicating ‘Best Practices’ and ‘wins’ within the Vontier Organisation
- Supporting leadership team to becoming true VBS champions
Contribute to the Company and the MEA Executive Team by;
- Protecting the Company’s interests and ensuring that a responsible and dynamic image is presented in all dealings with stakeholders.
- Acting as a sounding board for the Managing Director and/or Executive Team members on new ideas and issues.
- Participating in developing and managing the overall strategic direction and performance of the company by actively participating as a member of the Executive Team.
- Actively participating in ongoing development and refinement of GVR MEA’s strategic direction.
- Demonstrating a clear and consistent commitment to the company’s vision, purpose and values by exhibiting positive leadership and by displaying the company’s core behaviours in all aspects of performance.
- Ensuring strong communication lines are in place with Managing Director, Business Unit Manager’s and the VBS Team regarding business development initiatives, thereby ensuring an overall view is maintained and strategy is consistent.
- Ensuring all VBS activities are aligned to the respective business strategy through coaching, training and developing key internal and external partners.
- Improving existing processes, products, services and systems through relentless incremental improvement, including the continuous improvement initiatives required by the plan.
- Developing and maintaining effective, collaborative relationships across areas, especially ensuring effective collaboration with support and technical staff.
- Ensuring that the MEA region demonstrates a consistent approach in the implementation and delivery of VBS.
Measures of Performance
- Overall Application of Tools
- Lean implementation
- Change effectiveness
- Kaizen Sustainment
- Voice of Customer (VOC)
- Organisational Impact (SQDIP)
- Reduction in process lead time
Builds Extraordinary Teams
- YoY improvement on VBS dimension on Engagement Survey Results
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Tertiary qualification majoring in a related discipline.
- Lean / Six Sigma / Kaizen
- Engineering Degree or a Post graduate diploma, e.g. MBA or Masters in a related discipline. (Preferred)
- A minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience in a directly related area, during which both professional and facilitation capabilities have been clearly demonstrated.
- Working knowledge and hands-on experience with the Vontier Business System principles or similar business models in technical and office functions.
- Proven experience in developing, inspiring and motivation others
- Experience in technical project execution
- Project Management
- Previous experience within Vontier or VBSL or previous holding companies
- Commercial / sales background
- Relationship management
- Facilitation ability
- Computer literacy in Office suite
- Individual leadership & influencing capability
- Ability to drive change
- Change management
- Training & coaching experience
- Analytical aptitude
- Business Acumen
- Organised & methodical
- Results orientated
- Exposure to a wide variety of training environments
- Spread sheeting, project management, graphics and process mapping skills.
- Financial acumen
Package & Remuneration