Makwani Recruitment SAFETY OFFICER – (Plant Based Position)
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- The job incumbent will facilitate the effective implementation and continual improvement of HSEQ programmes and Risk Management on site.
- The incumbent will be responsible for conducting incident investigations, internal audits and behaviour – based safety programmes necessary to improve the Safety Culture.
BACKGROUND INFORMATION REGARDING THE JOB
- In this position, the job incumbent will be part of the Health, Safety and Environmental team at the mine and play an important role in working closely with various department to achieve HSEQ Objectives. This position is a great opportunity for the incumbent to display their skills in Risk Management, Internal Auditing, and behavioural based safety. The job requires a self-starter, energetic individual who is able to work independently and within all levels of the organization.
- The company offers a fast paced and dynamic working environment, where the person will have an opportunity to support the mine in keeping up with industry standards and play a vital role in influencing the changes required to be at par with the industry standards. The individual will most importantly enjoy the satisfaction of being part of the world’s only team that delivers the mine brand to the niche customers all over the world, directly from the lovely Mpumalanga.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Facilitate, monitor and review the EWRM process in line with risk management principles, standards and best practice.
- Monitor and contribute to the improvement of risk management.
- Participate in the conducting of HSEQ ISQ internal audits, routine and non-routine inspections and investigations on request.
- Coordinate the SHE Representative program.
- Compile, issue and audit Safety files as per legal requirements.
- Facilitate and review specific activities emanating from Business Continuity Plan and Emergency Preparedness Plan.
- Test the activities emanating from the plan, take corrective action as required.
- Deciding & initiating action
- Working with people
- Applying expertise and technology
- Learning and researching
- Planning & organizing
- Report writing and presentation skills
- Delivering results & meeting customer expectations
- Following instructions & procedures
- Attention to detail
Desired Experience & Qualification
- National Diploma in Safety Management
- SAMTRAC Certification
- 3 years’ experience as a safety officer or similar role in a related industry
- Valid ISO internal Auditing (9001:14001:45001) competency certificate
Package & Remuneration
apply online or send cvs to email@example.com