Quality Connect Staffing Manufacturing Manager (HARRISMITH)
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead the overall manufacturing of adhesives, hygiene and disinfection and water treatment products with focus on process quality variability reduction and elimination of waste.
- Ensuring Quality, Environment, Safety and Health standards are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure that products registrations and permits associated with SANS 1828, SANS 51276 (formally SANS 1853) are maintained.
- Ensure that the ISO 9001 certified quality management system is maintained and environmental management system (ISO 14001)
- Ensure production planning, organizing and control for 100% products availability
- Ensure logistics planning, organizing and control for 100% raw materials availability and products delivery that is in full and on time.
- Facilitate high level problem solving while operators and technicians are trained basic problem solving. Ensure the use of WCM, TPM or Lean six sigma or Kaizen principles. Capture learnings and continue to improve production system – improve quality and eliminate waste
- Manage capital and operation expenditures and ensure that they come within budget
- Ensure that plant staff is motivated through performance management, personal development, career pathing, talent management, reward and recognition.
- Facilitate workplace skills planning and adherence to Employment Equity Plans
- Contribute to maintaining B-BBEE level 1 status by strategic procurement of raw materials that is supporting Kevali Chemicals’ Supplier and Enterprise Development programmes
Desired Experience & Qualification
- BSc Engineering, B.Tech Chemical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Chemistry (Post Graduate Degree)
- MBA or management training equivalent
- MS Office and Sage Pastel Advantageous
- World Class Manufacturing or Operations Management certification
- Minimum 5 years in Manufacturing experience within the chemical manufacturing industry is essential.
Package & Remuneration
R 60 000 Basic plus Pension and Medical Aid