Microchem Specialized Lab Serv Chemistry Analyst
The incumbent is responsible for beverages and foodstuffs testing and performs general duties in the laboratory to ensure best laboratory practices are maintained. The incumbent may also be required to be a technical signatory for various analyses and will be required to ensure that the correct procedures are followed pertaining to SANAS and the company’s technical signatory requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Thorough understanding of the principles of chemistry.
- Perform chemical analysis using standard testing protocols.
- Ability to follow procedures as written.
- Must be conversant with QA/QC and standard operating procedures.
- Must be conversant with ISO 17025 requirements.
- Must be conversant and keep abreast with regulations and legislation governing company services to clients.
- Be able to assess and interpret analytical results.
- Thorough understanding of the properties of dangerous chemicals and safe handling.
- Thorough understanding of procedures related to the disposal of chemicals.
- Proven organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and follow up.
- Uploads and monitors data in LIMS or other databases.
- Ability to interact and train personnel with different levels of experience and education.
- Keep verification records and maintenance records of instruments up to date.
- Actively participate in Proficiency Testing Programs
- Assist the Laboratory Manager and Assistant Laboratory Manager with the management of department stock levels.
- Record and refer all customer complaints to Laboratory Manager.
- Investigate customer complaints and provide feedback to Laboratory Manager on the outcome of the investigation prior to further action.
- Providing technical support to clients and assisting clients with interpretation of results and facilitate their understanding of analyses.
- Ad hoc tasks
Desired Experience & Qualification
- BSc (Chemistry, Biochemistry) minimum1-3 years’ experience in an ISO 17025 accredited facility.
- English (mandatory), Afrikaans (optional
- Knowledge of the ISO17025, food labelling regulations and SANAS requirements. (advantageous)
- Chemistry Technical knowledge as per labelling regulations and other statue legislation.
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, and Word)
- Knowledge of LIMS (advantageous)
- Knowledge of quality control systems.
Package & Remuneration