Stellenbosch University Strategic Fund Process Manager
Strategic Fund Process Manager
Strategic Initiatives Division
Strategic Fund Process Manager
The Strategic Initiatives Division contributes to a thriving Stellenbosch University by taking care of the development, planning and execution of, and reporting on, the University’s overall strategy. The Division also coordinates the execution of programmes that mobilise and operationalise the University’s strategic objectives. The Strategic Initiatives Division has four focus areas, namely strategy planning and management, project and portfolio management for strategic projects, the alignment of strategic resources with the Strategic Plan, and monitoring and evaluation.
The Division is looking for a strategic fund process manager who can help the Strategic Fund to meet its strategic priorities by developing and maintaining the necessary administrative, monitoring and evaluation systems for the fund. The process manager will work as part of a team within the Strategic Initiatives Division providing institutional support for the efficient functioning of the SU Strategic Fund.
- Coordinating the receipt, acknowledgement and tracking of Strategic Fund applications and the assignment of these applications to internal reviewers;
- Reviewing and evaluating Strategic Fund applications for compliance and eligibility, and providing advice and feedback on the application’s compliance with internal requirements;
- Reviewing Strategic Fund applications for the endorsement of the applications by the Vice-Rectors/Deans/ Heads of Environments or their delegated authority;
- Coordinating the creation and maintenance of accurate Strategic Fund application records on the University’s management database and electronic filing system;
- Developing systems and processes to monitor and evaluate the progress and performance of Strategic Fund projects;
- Keeping track of all annual disbursements of the SU Strategic Fund;
- Streamlining pre-award administrative processes and assisting in the development of quality administrative systems and procedures;
- Supporting the Senior Director: Strategic Initiatives in coordinating the Strategic Fund activities for impact assessment and monitoring;
- Ensuring programmatic commitments, SU policies and procedures, financial standards, and legal requirements are met and managed;
- Liaising with internal roleplayers to promote the Strategic Fund and generate high-quality applications;
- Communicating with Strategic Fund recipients and SU Management to encourage information-sharing for communication and institutional planning purposes;
- Implementing and managing administrative support systems that will ensure the achievement of organisation-wide goals and strategies.
- An honour’s degree or equivalent qualification;
- A minimum of three years’ project management experience, preferably in a grants office;
- Proven experience in financial and administration processes and procedures, preferably in the higher education sector;
- Experience of providing administrative, financial and logistical support;
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and apply complex instructions and guidelines, and to critique documents and provide constructive feedback;
- Demonstrated competencies in planning and organising, teamwork, applying expertise and technology, analysing, communication, and adapting and responding to change.
- Work experience within the higher education sector, including the administration of research funding.
Commencement of duties: 1 June 2021
Closing date: 7 May 2021
Enquiries regarding this post: Leandie Arendse on 021 808 9059, or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Enquiries regarding remuneration/benefits as well as technical assistance with the electronic application process: Human Resources Client Services Centre on 021 808 2753, or at email@example.com
The University is committed to employment equity (EE), and appointments will be made in line with the EE plan for the specific environment as well as Stellenbosch University’s institutional EE Plan.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Your application, comprising a comprehensive curriculum vitae (including the names and e-mail address of at least three referees), must reach the University before or on the closing date of the advertised post.
The University reserves the right to investigate qualifications and conduct background checks on all candidates.
Should no feedback be received from the University within four weeks of the closing date, kindly accept that your application did not succeed.