Broad Based Support (Pty) Ltd Quality Inspector
The Quality Inspector plays a vital role in ensuring that company delivers a defect free product to the customer.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performing quality inspections in the designated areas as per the established Quality Control Procedures and Work Instructions.
- Producing Non-Conformance Reports and Rectification Notices on items that are not as per the required quality standard.
- Conducting a Root Cause Analysis and problem solving investigation as required.
- Perform quality inspection duties on all fabricated components and identify defects as per fabrication inspection specifications.
- Assisting with customer and third-party inspection matters.
- Compiling of Data Books.
- Ensure measuring equipment is calibrated as per QCPs which may entail:
- Perform quality inspection duties on all received components and will identify defects as per receiving inspection specifications.
- Perform structural welding inspections
- Conduct measurements using 3D-Arm for precision measurements including completing detailed report.
- Conduct Magnetic Particle / Die Penetrant testing (NDT assessments), under guidance of a level 2 / 3 specialists.
- Be able to co-ordinate & support the sign-off for FRN (Factory Release Note).
- Compile / improve Standard Operating procedures
- Conduct process and supplier audits per audit plan.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Qualified Red Seal Artisan, National Diploma in Engineering, Quality or related field
- Welding certification in line with standard D1.1:2015 will be advantageous
- Minimum 4- 5 years’ experience in a similar position
- Experience in steel manufacturing industry
- Basic proficiency in the OFI module (SHEQX) and the ERP system (AX).
- The ability to read technical drawings and use relevant measuring instruments to inspects components
- The ability to do 3D arm inspection