Futurelink National Staffing FOOD SAFETY AND QUALITY CONTROL OFFICER
Our Client in Durban South is looking for a Food Safety and Quality Control Officer to join their team.
Duties & Responsibilities
FSMS (Implement and maintain the Food Safety Management system)
- Staff training – re-fresher training and new training based on the updates in the standard.
- Policies & procedures & Checklists – update existing policies, procedures, work Instructions and checklists, including creating new documents based on the standard updates
- HACCP, TACCP, VACCP – verification of each study annually and update based on changes in the production lines or additions of new production lines
- NCR’s (Customer complaints / returns) – complete investigation and provide feedback to customer/ suppliers. Ensure all investigations have supporting documentation, showing close out actions have been completed.
- Internal Audits – conducted as per the schedule in the correct time frame. With NCRs raised in the various section, showing close out actions have been completed.
- Microbiological analysis – conducted on monthly basis based on the schedule. Ensuring swabbing results is communicated to the factories as well deep cleaning conducted on problem areas.
- Product specifications – completed for all products produced and updated when necessary, creating product specifications of new & R&D products/ samples being sent out.
- MSDS – creating product MSDS of new & R&D products/ samples being sent out, especially for international samples.
- Contactors & service provider compliance – correct work being carried out/completion of job cards, update contractor & service provider files (electronically). Annual supplier and service provider evaluations.
- Equipment servicing and calibration – completed annually as per the schedule with the approved service providers. Ensure job cards and calibration certificates are completed and received.
- Change management – forms to completed based on all changes to the company.
- Food Safety Objectives & Meetings – review annually, meetings conducted quarterly, and Food Safety Annual review meeting (FS AGM) conducted annually (August/ September). Minutes completed and sent out.
- Recalls & Mock recalls – mock recall conducted annually, and report completed and reviewed in the AGM
- Internal facility monitoring – day to day operations
- Cleaning and sanitation – schedule to be monitored and checklists completed based on frequency.
- Perten Testing – following work instruction, testing when required, reporting after testing
- pH Testing – following work instruction, testing when required, reporting after testing
- Oxybaby Testing – following work instruction, testing when required, reporting after testing
- NIR (Moistire) analysis – following work instruction, testing when required, reporting after testing
- Taste testing – blind taste testing with staff , on specific criteria.
- COA’s – issued for all product produced internally and being able to issue for all raw materials sold. Ensuring COA’s is received from the suppliers and corresponds to the products received. Create for all new/ R&D products.
- Fire Inspections & Drills
- Department of Health Inspections and applications – annually complete application and additional application when required.
- Health and Safety – first aid – update register.
- Health and Safety – create and implement additional procedures/ WI/& checklists .
Desired Experience & Qualification
Degree in Food Technology (B.Tech)
FSSC 22000 Certification
Minimum 3 years experience
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 5 days for interview. If not contacted, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Please follow our Facebook page [Futurelink Recruitment] to keep up to date with our vacancies.