Dalitso Consulting Pty Ltd Senior Researcher
A Senior Researcher role has become available in Pretoria East and my client is looking to appoint a candidate who has 6 – 7 years’ experience in research of the ICT field, including research on ICT technologies, market analysis, development, implementation, general management, operational responsibility in a large corporate/public sector organization plus 3 years’ experience in ICT research within the corporate/public sector.
Responsibilities of the Role:
- Ensure that resources are kept abreast of the latest industry developments and ensure that appropriate technologies are used for knowledge management to ensure that innovation and improved productivity.
- Develop and execute stakeholder relationship management plans to enable effective management and improvement of stakeholder relationships.
- Manage resources (i.e., budget/finances, asset/equipment) within the Unit to ensure the efficient operation and that all the resources are utilized optimally.
- Participate in the development and implementation of Architectural mechanisms, by providing research to support the development of GWEA to improve interoperability of government systems by the ICT Research and Innovation.
- Provide pro-active ICT research services and distribution of research material to other departments and internal business units to meet ICT Research and Innovation service delivery commitments.
- Support the Research and Innovation in developing and implementing Innovation and Research strategies and roadmaps (from a Digital Lab perspective) to ensure a comprehensive and integrated prototype function.
- Participate in the development, implementation, and evaluation of governance mechanisms for Digital Lab and monitor the adherence thereto to deliver quality products in a controlled environment.
- Provide research on public services and impact on citizens to meet ICT Research and Innovation service delivery commitments.
- Programmes/projects manage development/procurement and maintenance projects of ICT Research and Innovation to meet Research and Innovation.
- Bachelor’s degree in ICT or related field (Computer Science, Information Systems, Technology and Engineering) or equivalent.
- 6 – 7 years’ experience in research of the ICT field, including research on ICT technologies, market analysis, development, implementation, general management, operational responsibility in a large corporate/public sector organization including 3 years’ experience in ICT research within the corporate/public sector.
- Established a track record of managing staff (Cross-functional environment experience highly desirable).
- Research and published papers or reports on IT.
- Demonstrated project management competency.
- Research analysis of efficient and effective IT solutions to diverse and complex business problems.
Must have Knowledge of the following:
- Corporate Governance.
- ICT Governance and Compliance.
- Development Methodologies.
- Financial management principles /methodology.
- ICT business environment and landscape.
- Business Reference Model and Strategy Formulation.
- Corporate Solutions Entity Relationship Diagrams.
- Governance Processes and Standards (COBIT, ITIL, UML).
- Project Management principles (PM Bok/ Prince 2).
- IT Quality Management.
- General ICT Procurement.
- IT Security.
- ICT Standards. Integration Methodologies.
- IT Strategies and Architectures.
- Customer management services.
- Information Management KING IV and Company Act.
- Financial management.
- Architecture Methodologies and Practices.
- Risk and Issue management.