Lead Epc Lead Senior Electrical Engineer
We are actively searching for a Lead Senior Electrical Engineer to work permanently in Secunda
Duties & Responsibilities
The Position requires thorough knowledge of electrical design and engineering techniques, as well as CAD and graphics skills. Responsible to plan and conduct independent work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria. Devise new approaches to problems and prepare or modify drawings, specifications, calculations, charts and graphs, and monitor work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices and LeadEPC standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Development of electrical engineering deliverables such as:
- Electrical drawing
- Data sheets
- I/O wiring diagrams
- Charts and graphs.
- Quantity take-offs and change orders.
- Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Requires a broad knowledge of precedents in the specialty area and a solid knowledge of principles and practices of related technical areas.
- Requires a broad knowledge of the application of engineering to plant constructability as applied to construction methods and materials, and the economics involved.
- Perform assignments independently with instruction as to the general results expected and with guidance from Engineering Director,, Project Manager and or engineering specialist on unusual or complex problems.
- Ensure proper communication on projects.
- Generate reports, maps, drawings, tests, and other data to plan and design work.
- Assemble bid, approval, and construction issue drawing packages.
- Requires contact with Clients, vendor’s representatives and project field personnel. Attend and participate in Client and Lead EPC meetings when needed.
- Participate in job site visits to collect or deliver design and engineering data.
- Participate in site construction and commissioning activities when needed to guide and advise construction personnel with the installation of field instruments as well as commissioning activities during the project. This includes typically fault finding on instruments and wiring during commissioning.
- Experience and knowledge on Intergraph Smartplant (SPI) will be advantageous.
- Use engineering and design computer software to complete assigned work.
- The objective is to make certain that the industrial processes and systems are operating effectively, safely and efficiently.
- Manage to complete the project within time and cost constrained environment.
Generating new business proposals.
Job will generally be performed in an office environment, but may require travel to visit a Client’s office production facility or industrial/construction job site.
- May be assigned to work at a Client’s office, facility or site for an extended period of time. When performing outside Lead’s office, appropriate safety training and safety equipment will be provided by Lead and/or Client as required.
Desired Experience & Qualification
Oil & Gas / Petrochemical experience
Professional / SACPCMP registration
Qualifications and Experience
- Must be computer literate.
- Must be language proficient (English) and be a good communicator.
- Four year diploma/degree in an engineering discipline, and over three years of experience with advance knowledge in electrical engineering, obtainable usually through a combination of experience and continuing education; or a three year diploma/degree in an engineering discipline, and over five years of experience with advanced technical knowledge in instrumentation engineering, obtainable usually through a combination of experience and continuing education; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience on Honeywell HPM, PM and Experian DCS would be an advantage
- AutoCAD familiarity
- Experience in working with multi-discipline projects with Petrochemical Clients will be an advantage
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Suite
- Knowledgeable with ISA Standards
- Familiarity with industrial computer systems, motor control, PLCs and DCSs
Package & Remuneration
If you are immediately available, please email your CV, Qualifications and ID copy to firstname.lastname@example.org