Paragon Paints C C PAINT CHEMIST/OPERATIONS MANAGER
A well-established (over 35 years) paint manufacturer is seeking the above person for their operation in Pinetown to develop new formulations, batch sheets, conduct research and development and offer technical advice to clients. In addition the successful applicant will be required to manage the daily manufacturing operations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Researching, developing and analysing new products and processes in accordance with specific development briefs.
- Identifying new product opportunities and research developments.
- Developing SOP’s for new products.
- The timely update of relevant documentation including raw material specifications, formulations, manufacturing procedures, finished product specifications and quality standards in liaison with relevant departments.
- Offering technical support to Production and Quality Departments with regards to troubleshooting.
- Liaising with customers regarding technical queries, investigation and creating technical reports.
- Sourcing and evaluating new or alternative raw materials for product development.
- Liaising with the sales and marketing teams and keep up to date with the latest market trends, product innovations or new raw materials in the paints and coatings industry.
- Overall management of production and housekeeping.
Ability to work under pressure.
Desired Experience & Qualification
Minimum requirements for this position are:
Minimum 5 years experience in the paint industry.
Must have an appropriate tertiary qualification.
- Must have solvent and water based paint technology experience.
- Must be hands-on in the laboratory.
- Diplomas – National Higher Diploma
- Under Graduate Degrees – BSc in Chemistry
Remuneration package will be in line with the successful applicant’s qualifications and experience.