South African National Energy Development Institute (SANEDI) Bursary South Africa 2020 – 2021
ABOUT THE COMPANY – SANEDI
The South African National Energy Development Institute (SANEDI) was formed under the National Energy Act, 2008 (Act No. 34 of 2008). The Act allows SANEDI to partake in energy research and development, promote energy research and technology innovation and promote energy efficiency in South Africa.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
SANEDI will be awarding bursaries to South African researchers, for Honours, Masters and Doctoral research-based studies in the field of Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS).
The bursary will provide cover for tuition fees, laboratory fees, prescribed books, documentations and living expenses. Funding will be provided for 1-year maximum for Honours studies, 2 years maximum for Masters studies and 3 years maximum for Doctorate studies.
Bursaries are awarded for 1 year at a time and are renewed each year based on students performance – students do not need to reapply each year.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Studying towards an Honours/ Masters/ Doctoral qualification in the field of Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS)
- Studying at a public institution within South Africa (preferably full time)
- Passed all previous years of study
- NOT currently in receipt of any other funding (except for merit awards or prizes, or supplementary bursaries or grants)
- NOT currently full time employed
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the SANEDI Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Students must also download and read the SANEDI Bursary Information (.pdf) and SANEDI Bursary Terms and Conditions (.pdf) before applying.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record (on tertiary letterhead)
- Proof of tertiary registration
- Proof of any supplementary bursaries or grants
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Hand delivery:
South African National Energy Development (SANEDI)
Upper Grayston Office Park
152 Ann Crescent
(Attention: Ms Thembi Mabaso)
P O Box 786141
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact SANEDI directly:
Tel: 011 038 4315 / 011 038 4389
Read Also: Bursaries Open All Year Round