University of Pretoria Professor / Associate Professor / Adjunct Professor and Deputy Dean
FACULTY OF HEALTH SCIENCES
OFFICE OF THE DEAN
PROFESSOR / ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR / ADJUNCT PROFESSOR AND DEPUTY DEAN: HEALTH STAKEHOLDER RELATIONS (ONE POST)
The successful incumbent will be responsible for:
- The Deputy Dean will contribute broadly to the Faculty of Health Sciences as a member of the Faculty Executive, but more specifically will also be responsible for health stakeholder relations.
- Fundraising and alumni relations will be key functions.
- The Deputy Dean will hold an academic position and contribute to teaching and learning and research in their health sciences discipline.
CLOSING DATE: 30 April 2021
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements
- A Doctorate in the medical or related sciences OR a specialist qualification in Medicine or Dentistry
- Proven managerial skills and academic leadership traits
- Health stakeholder relations experiencE
- Experience in a tertiary academic environment in a management capacity
- Relevant senior management experience
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid schemes and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.