MayFly Agri (pty) Ltd Fruit and Vegetable Procurement Specialist
An established distributor of Agricultural products is seeking a dynamic Agricultural Specialist to be responsible for the end-to-end product management of their fruit and vegetable categories, including procurement activities such as planning, buying, assessing quality and pricing of products.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Must have completed a matric as well as an Agricultural certification such as AVCASA or FERTASA
- A tertiary qualification in Agriculture, Supply Chain or Logistics will be an advantage
- Previous procurement and/or fruit and vegetable experience will be beneficial
- Must have a computer literacy qualification with a proven ability to utilize and develop computerized spreadsheets, excel pivots tables and Business Intelligence reporting.
- Must be willing to travel away from home on occasion
- Above-average communication skills, specifically in English and Afrikaans, with the ability to interface with internal and external stakeholders of all levels, including farmers, will be required
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Assisting in the selection of appropriate suppliers and contractors, promoting good procurement practice with due regard to sustainability, ethical purchasing standards and costing.
- Implementing appropriate Service Level Agreements to properly evaluate the performance of Suppliers, and reporting on this on a regular basis.
- Monitoring, evaluating and improving Supplier performance, according to an appropriate Service Level Agreement, on a continuous basis.
- Working with internal stakeholders (Production, Technical and Sales teams) to determine procurement needs, quality, and delivery requirements.
- Monitoring order placement timing, supply / demand alignment, material replenishment and Supplier performance.
- Controlling and monitoring expenses against approved budgets.
- Developing procurement strategies and formulating growing programs.
- Setting plans on how to achieve Supplier accreditation and Service Level Management.
- Processing and keeping track of orders.
- Reconciling or resolving order discrepancies with Suppliers.
- Monitoring delivery times to ensure they are on time.
- Maintaining good relationships with Suppliers and renegotiate prices on a regular basis.
- Performing administration, pricing and reporting, as necessary.
- Conducting Supplier visits and monitoring crop growth cycles.
- Benchmarking availability, quality, and prices weekly on the national markets.
Salary package, including benefits, are highly negotiable depending on experience gained