MayFly Agri (pty) Ltd Market Research Landscape and Ornamentals (3-6mont
An established international manufacturer of specialised agrochemicals is seeking an experienced Market Research Specialist to assist with a short-term market research project with the aim to identify potential customers in the Ornamentals and Landscape industry in South Africa.
Duties & Responsibilities
Minimum requirements for the role:
- Must have a relevant tertiary degree, ideally in Horticulture, Ornamental or Landscaping
- A working knowledge of the horticulture industry will be required
- Good interpersonal, communication and report writing skills are essential
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Identifying agricultural chemicals or biological products used by ornamental growers and landscape maintenance companies.
- Determining the main problems with weed, pest and disease control.
- Assessing the application methods, such as knapsack sprayers, hand-lances, tractor mounted sprayers etc.
- Analysing the current expenditure on chemical inputs to determine the extent of the business opportunity.
- Identifying existing gaps in client portfolios.
- Recommending improved weed, pest and disease control solutions.
Salary package, including benefits, are highly negotiable depending on experience gained