The I & O Psychology Hub GENERAL MANAGER FRUIT PACKHOUSE – Johannesburg
Johannesburg, Gauteng: Our client has a vacancy for a General Manager. This person will give strategic direction and be responsible for the management of core areas including finances, production performance and client relationships.
Duties & Responsibilities
Manage Performance and Development of personnel
- Establish departments and roles
- Growth and production targets
- Development and improvement of systems
- Optimal utilisation of all resources, capacity and costs
- Establish more efficient procedures and processes
- Project planning (3-5-year forecast)
Financial Management (budgets, labour costs)
- Manage biggest cost drivers (e.g. labour, packing material, chemicals)
- Production costing
Monitoring and Measuring Performance
- Understand all measurements
- Create / establish performance management system
- Measure production (productivity)
- Quality management
Stakeholders and Client Satisfaction
- Communication and producer farm visits
Desired Experience & Qualification
A relevant Bachelor’s / Postgraduate Degree in Business Administration, Management or related field and/or at least 7-10 years’ experience in a large or medium sized business.
Experience in a Senior management role in the agricultural environment will be an added advantage.